“Anonymous” claims to be a “senior Trump administration official.”
Notwithstanding the dire warnings about Trump, Roger Kimball begs to differ with Anonymous that the “guardrails are coming off,”
From Mr. Kimball in Spectator.us, 27 November 2019, on why the guardrails are pretty darn solid:
- The stock market closed yesterday at 28,121.
- Worse, unemployment, especially minority unemployment, is at historic lows.
- Real wages, especially at the lower end of the scale, are rising rapidly.
- Donald Trump has followed through on his promise to nominate judges who share the judicial philosophy of Antonin Scalia. To date, he has seen something like 200 confirmed, along with two Supreme Court Justices.
- Trump came to office pledging to undo two counterproductive regulations for every new regulation enacted. His record so far is something like 16 regulations repealed for every new one. He enacted a large tax cut — not perhaps large enough, but there was Congress to contend with — which further sparked the economy.
- Trump’s ‘America First’ agenda has brought manufacturing flooding back to the US.
- Trump’s support of fracking and other energy initiatives have made America the world’s biggest producer of energy.
Read more here.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- Democratic Candidates Looked Just as Bored as Viewers - January 16, 2020
- Around Obama White House, Biden Known as the Sheriff - January 15, 2020
- Poverty Rate for Blacks and Hispanics Lowest on Record - January 14, 2020