- Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rourke: The lifelong beneficiary of wealth and influence – when not declaring Trump guilty of treason – has done his best to blast his own past white privilege.
“As a white man who has had privileges that others could not depend on, or take for granted, I’ve clearly had advantages over the course of my life.”
- Bernie Sanders: The socialist presidential candidate, when not predicating Trump’s impeachment, talked in the abstract, as if an old white guy like himself in the concrete had no business running for president.
- Joe Biden: Current front-runner, when not gloating over Trump’s supposed guilt, tried hard to trash his own white male culture as the root of many of America’s problems.
The Self-Created Paradoxes of Identity Politics
Victor Davis Hanson observes:
While progressives were celebrating the seemingly inevitable Mueller indictment of Trump, they were also increasingly at odds over many of these divisive and mostly unpopular new issues and over the self-created paradoxes of identity politics.
The Hard Left Agenda
But as Mueller was supposedly about to indict Trump, a divisive, hard-left agenda was almost imperceptibly floated to the public:
- The Green New Deal
- Reparations for slavery
- Abortion redefined as permissible infanticide
- Open borders
- Packing the Supreme Court with liberal justices
- Abolition of the Electoral College and ICE
- Free college tuition and the elimination of student debt
- Medicare for all
- A wealth tax and a 70 percent top marginal income tax rate
- Voting age to16-year-olds and voting rights for ex-felons
And on and on, writes VDH in American Greatness.
Read more here.
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.