Letter from David Axelrod Senior White House Advisor to Deborah Young:
Last night, President Obama addressed the nation in a primetime press conference about health insurance reform.
The President made crystal clear what’s at stake in this debate: the fiscal well-being of our nation and the health of our families and small businesses.
In case you missed it, take a look at what he had to say:
Truth be told – with each passing day, more and more Americans are unable to get the health care they need, when they need it. Skyrocketing co-pays and deductibles and soaring insurance premiums are crushing our family budgets and small businesses. Unless we act now, these problems are guaranteed to get worse and worse.
Under reform, American families will get the stability and security they deserve. They’ll no longer have to fear losing health care coverage if they lose or switch jobs, going bankrupt if they become seriously ill, or being denied coverage because of a pre-existing medical condition. Reform will ensure all Americans have access to quality, affordable insurance.
We all have a stake in this and for the 14,000 Americans who are losing their health insurance each day – reform can’t wait.
Make sure everyone you know understands the importance and urgency of health insurance reform:
Commentary by Deborah Young:
You are damn right it’s not a game. But you are making it one. 90% of Americans have health-care coverage, so for the remaining 10% you are going to socialize our health care? Why should working Americans pay for insurance of those who can’t afford it or, more important, don’t want it? And what was Mr. Obama talking about when he said that doctors take organs because of the money? Last I checked, you need an appointment with a surgeon after you have been referred by your primary care physician. There are so many thoughtful, fair, intelligent, legitimate ways to approach health-care costs (like stopping the over-the-top litigation and decreasing the number of tests doctors must prescribe in order to help prevent malpractice lawsuits). Why not start studying some? And while you are at it, why not read your own CBO report? Obama’s plan is just plain outlandish and his promises are a lie.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- Understanding the Kavanaugh (K)raziness – an Uncorroborated Travesty - September 19, 2019
- Just Plain Foolishness Is Dividing America - September 18, 2019
- Warren Not Truthful with Voters on Socialized Medicine - September 17, 2019