Michael F. Cannon, director of health policies at the Cato Institute, lists 14 ways in which President Trump, under the Constitution, can “spur Congress to enact reforms that make health care better, more affordable, and more secure.”
- End Congress’s illegal ObamaCare exemption.
- End ObamaCare’s unconstitutional cost-sharing subsidies.
- End ObamaCare’s illegal “reinsurance” payments.
- Block Big Insurance’s “risk-corridor” raid on the Treasury.
- Investigate the Obama administration’s illegal spending.
- Allow freedom of conscience and choice in contraceptives coverage.
- Illustrate how Americans can avoid ObamaCare penalties.
- Illustrate how ObamaCare makes it easier than ever for people to wait until they are sick to purchase coverage.
- Publish ObamaCare’s vital signs.
- Release the documents.
- Praise states that refused to implement ObamaCare.
- Direct states to prepare for ObamaCare repeal.
- Renounce IPAB.
- Let seniors opt out of Medicare without losing Social Security benefits.
For a more detailed explanation of Michael’s list, go here.
Michael F. Cannon discusses his article,” Obamacare: What Trump Should Do Now,” on WJR’s The Frank Beckmann Show
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- Notes from Key West - March 18, 2019
- Avoid Elite Colleges and Head for the Books - March 15, 2019
- University Chutzpah? $1.5 Trillion in Taxpayer Funded Loans - March 14, 2019