The UN climate conference in Poland has come to an end. And what good is a big two-week conference if there is not some serious propaganda to go around? The Washington Post recently printed a photo of Polish teens apparently accepting the now-official 12-year tipping point and demanding that adults take action to save the world.
But wait, cautions the Manhattan Contrarian. Have these poor kids not read the October 11 Manhattan Contrarian post about climate “tipping points”? Francis Menton lists notable tipping points already passed:
- Al Gore has already officially told us that the planetary “point of no return” was reached in 2016.
- James Hansen (of NASA) has already officially told us that the year when the “West Side Highway will be under water” was 2008.
- UN IPCC head Rajendra Pachauri had already officially announced that after 2012 it was “too late” to stop climate catastrophe.
- Head of UN Foundation Timothy Wirth had already told us that 2012 would be our “last chance” to save the planet.
What’s the point of setting another “tipping point” when we’ve already tipped?
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- Bernie’s Silence – His Signature Policy a Failure in His Own State - January 22, 2020
- What Happens after Impeachment Fails? - January 21, 2020
- Martin Luther King’s Leadership, Moral Imagination, Strategic Genius - January 20, 2020