Conrad Black is having what he refers to as an amicable running debate. He and a well-traveled friend are discussing the “level of concern justified by the steadily more extreme espousal of lunatic policy position by influential Democrats. ” Here are a few positions from top Democrats so far:
- Personal income top tax rates of 70 percent (Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders).
- Nationalized health care (Kamala Harris).
- Open borders and sanctuaries against federal immigration laws (most audible Democrats).
- The killing of live new-born children (flirtations by many, apart from the governor of Virginia, who took the initial plunge on his way all the way down last week).
- A green dictatorship that would radically renovate every building in America, abolish road and air transportation, and require brigades of people to diaper flatulent cows.
Trump a Serious Challenge, not an Electoral Fluke
Mr. Black’s friend thinks it is dangerous, especially with polls seemingly supporting a good deal of this foolishness. Mr. Black, however, considers it a welcome development, as Democrats get everything (Trump is a serious challenge and not an electoral fluke) off their chests in a “mighty primal disgorgement.”
Simplify the Judicial Process to Indictment and Prosecution?
Radical political change, Mr. Black notes, becomes more and more exaggerated before it snaps back. Genuine revolutionary movements go farther and farther until they reach the French Revolution’s “Law of the Great Terror.” With this law France’s Committee of Public Safety simplified the judicial process to one of indictment and prosecution. (In other words, Michael Avenatti-level allegations, suggests Mr. Black).
No serious person is calling for violence. Although, Mr. Black reminds readers, Maxine Waters and a few other Democratic extremists have come close at times. And then there’s been President Trump indicating that some of “his hecklers could profit from a punch in the face.”
But instead of the logical course when a party in a democracy is defeated—regrouping and mapping out a strategy to win the next election—what we have is the Democrats fast-forwarding in a race to be the most outspoken and avant-garde on every issue, as they watch their whole policy agenda go up in flames.
Read more from CB here.
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.