With what is being characterized as a “total meltdown,” in Iowa, just imagine Democrats in charge of a national health care system?
A Total Meltdown in Iowa
- “They are matching the paper worksheets by hand. They literally have no verified results right now so we won’t know anything until sometime Tuesday.” (From an adviser to one of the top tier campaigns.)
- “We have no sense when results might come in. We are, as other campaigns are, very concerned with what they might release: the alignment numbers are not adding up.” (From Anita Dunn, senior adviser to Biden.)
- Biden camp insisting that the campaigns be allowed into the “auditing process to give us confidence so we can then be your advocates in restoring confidence.” (From Dana Remus, Biden’s chief counsel.)
- “It’s a mess. I think that every single second that passes where we don’t get a final result is concerning.” (From Roger Lau, Warren’s campaign manager.)
The Real Winner in Iowa – Donald Trump
From David Yepsen, the legendary Des Moines Register political reporter:
This fiasco means the end of the caucuses as a significant American political event.
The rest of the country was already losing patience with Iowa anyway and this cooks Iowa’s goose. Frankly, it should,
The real winner tonight was Donald Trump, who got to watch his opponents wallow in a mess. A lot of good Democratic candidates and people who fought their hearts out here for … nothing.
Read more here.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- AG Barr Restoring Justice and Accountability at Justice - February 14, 2020
- Paris Evenings – Deliciously Specific to Time and Place - February 14, 2020
- Have Democrats Run Out of Gas? - February 13, 2020