The progressive punch list for the past three years:
- Abolish the Electoral College
- Pack the Supreme Court
- Remove a presidential impediment from office
“That’s their democracy,” writes Daniel Henninger in the WSJ.
The Democratic Party is now defined by the faces it puts before us — Mrs. Pelosi, Mr. Schiff, Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Jerry Nadler, Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren – the party of the left
Winning Was Trump’s Violation
Trump’s real violation was winning Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, Mr. Henninger reminds readers.
That tipped the electoral vote against the popular vote.
The left’s solution: Let the popular vote rule.
“Get rid of the Electoral College” headlines Elizabeth Warren’s plans. “Your power in our democracy shouldn’t be determined by where you live.”
Dilute the Supreme Court
As President, Trump was able to appoint two conservative Supreme Court justices.
The left’s answer: Increase the number of justices.
In line with recent pack-the-court arguments by progressive legal analysts, Pete Buttigieg would expand the court’s membership to 15. Ms. Warren is “open” to the idea.
Read more here.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- AG Barr Restoring Justice and Accountability at Justice - February 14, 2020
- Paris Evenings – Deliciously Specific to Time and Place - February 14, 2020
- Have Democrats Run Out of Gas? - February 13, 2020