Hillary Clinton is eager to explain the Democratic Party’s loss last November. And many people are having a great deal of fun mocking her deflection of responsibility. But it’s worth noting that Democrats lost “more than 1,000 seats” during President Barack Obama’s two terms in the White House. And that was certainly not Hillary’s fault.
In case you have no desire to slog through Ms. Clinton’s tome What Happened, Sarah Westwood of the Washington Examiner lists all the things Hillary points to for her stunning loss, and, as Ms. Westwood notes, the below is from just the first couple of chapters.
- “The audacious information warfare waged from the Kremlin”
- “The unprecedented intervention in our election by the director of the FBI”
- “A political press that told voters that my emails were the most important story”
- “Deep currents of anger and resentment flowing through our culture”
- “The media gave [Trump] free wall-to-wall coverage”
- “Fox News was turning politics into an evidence-free zone of seething resentments”
- “Maybe it’s because I’m a woman, and we’re not used to women running for president”
- “The problems started with history. It was exceedingly difficult for either party to hold onto the White House for more than eight years in a row.”
- “There was also a ‘Clinton fatigue’ to consider.”
One thing Hillary Clinton does not address in her tome is why she amended her infamous “basketful of deplorables” into referring to them–the basketfuls–as “irredeemable” and “not America.”
Clinton blames everything for her 2016 election loss
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.