In April 2015, the Rosatom, the Russian state nuclear energy agency, took control of the uranium mining firm Uranium One (including major uranium mines in the U.S.)—with approval of the Hillary Clinton State Department. The Manhattan Contrarian, Francis Menton writes that according to the New York Times, “the deal had been ‘orchestrated’ by Canadian mining financier and Bill Clinton buddy Frank Giustra. Giustra had contributed $31.3 million to the Clinton Foundation. The Chairman of Uranium One (Ian Telfer) contributed $2.35 million. And then there was the $500,000 ‘speech’ fee to Bill personally.”
Mr. Menton lists other examples that highlight the “levels of payments, pervasiveness, and brazenness,” although none as blatant as “the Russian uranium deal, where a major transaction actually occurred to the significant benefit of Hillary’s donors.”
- From ABC News: Chicago securities trader Rajiv Fernando donated to the Clinton Foundation “between $100,000 and $250,000. “ With no relevant experience, Mr. Fernando was appointed to the government’s International Security Advisory Board.
- From the Daily Caller: The Crown Prince of Bahrain donated $32 million to the Clinton Foundation and promptly got the meeting he wished for with Hillary.
- From the Washing Examiner: Judith Rodin of the Rockefeller Foundation donated $25 million to the Clinton Foundation. Doug Band of the Clinton Foundation contacted Huma Abedin of Hillary’s State Department, and Ms. Rodin found herself sitting where she wanted—next to Joe Biden (God knows why, though).
Hillary’s economic plan to improve the economy is one government-spending program after another, Mr. Menton points out. “Who do you think is going to get those multi-tens-of-billions-of-dollar government contracts for uneconomic ‘green energy’ and ‘infrastructure’ projects? Do you think that contributions to the Clinton Foundation, or for that matter, to the Clinton campaign, might give anyone a leg up?”
More Clinton Foundation controversy
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- No Place for a Mob in a Constitutional Republic - October 12, 2018
- Spartacus Was a Hero, Not a Malignant Buffoon - October 12, 2018
- Clinton/Ocasio-Cortez Want to Scrap the Electoral College - October 11, 2018