Goofy and insubstantial as it is, the above pretty much sums up Joe Biden’s address to Congress on Wednesday, writes Roger Kimball in Spectator.US.
Biden Promises To “Buy American.”
American tax dollars are going to be used to buy American products made in America that create American jobs.
Make America Poor Again
Hmm … Where, asks Mr. Kimball, have we heard that before?
MAGA? Nope. Biden is here to bring us MAPA: Make America Poor Again.’
How Is Biden Going To Do That?
- Spend more money than anyone thought possible?
- Promise free stuff for everyone (except Republicans)?
- Destroy the engines of prosperity?
- Start with the energy industry? Tax it, regulate, mount a huge “green- new-deal” PR campaign against cheap, abundant energy. It’s working! Hundreds of thousands are out of work and gas prices are up some 9% in just 100 days!
Good going, Joe!
Joe Biden Clarifies:
I’ve made clear that we can do it without increasing deficits.
The Deficit Is Already Skyrocketing
But Joe is going after the millionaires and billionaires who cheat on their taxes.
Did you know that the top 1% of earners already pay more than 40 percent (40%) of all income taxes?
Think about that. The top 10% pay more than 71%, while the top 25% pay nearly 90% of all income taxes.
So what is Joe talking about?
Biden’s Speech Horrible
Cliché-ridden, yes, but also deeply mendacious.
The latest import from China is not “one of the worst pandemics ever.”
We were not “staring into an abyss of insurrection and autocracy” on January 6. There were a small number of bad hats and many who were exercising their constitutional right to dissent.
This, of course, was in sharp contrast to the hundreds of thugs who rampaged through dozens of cities setting fires and destroying property over the summer — and even now.
But forget all that. Here was the geriatric specimen blinking into the cameras:
Face it. The President has already racked up significant victories by taking bold steps:
- His energy policy
- His attack on illegal immigration
- His efforts to dismantle or at least pare back the leviathan that is the administrative state
- His proposals to reduce the tax burden for both businesses and individuals while also strengthening America’s military
As Mr. Kimball notes, Joe Biden has failed to fulfill his campaign promises to return power from Washington to the People and “make America great again.”
The Federalist reports that CNN viewers gave Joe Biden a worse approval rating than they gave Donald Trump after his first speech to the joint session in 2017.
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.