The White House has three major problems:
- a president wallowing in self-pity
- an in-over-its-head staff that feels the need to keep the president away from cameras
- the few experienced voices of reason, like perhaps Treasury secretary Janet Yellin, getting boxed out by the Twitter Left
Democrats could learn a lot, suggests Batya Ungar Saigon in SpectatorWorld.com, from passengers flying in coach: If asked where they wanted to go, the answers would not be to go to red carpet events or to fly on private planes to climate summits.
The Goals Batya Saigon Proposes:
- Don’t be getting people paid time off. Instead, help them get paid well.
- Don’t build more high rises for the homeless. Instead, ensure that working-class families can buy single-family homes.
- Don’t promise free childcare so more women can get into the workforce. Instead, advocate for vocational training in schools and collective bargaining in corporations so a husband or wife can support a family on one income.
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.