According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, one of the most important ways you can help your immune system is a proper vitamin D strategy. Watch his video with Bruce Hollis, Carole Baggerly, and Dr. Carol Wagner on Vitamin D and Covid-19 below:
Mercola explains on his blog, Mercola.com:
- GrassrootsHealth conducted a review of an observational study involving 212 patients who had COVID-19, identifying a correlation between vitamin D levels and disease severity. Those with the mildest disease had the highest vitamin D levels, and vice versa
- A second study found those with a vitamin D level between 20 ng/mL and 30 ng/mL had a sevenfold higher risk of death than those with a level above 30 ng/mL. Having a level below 20 ng/mL was associated with a 12 times higher risk of death, compared to having a level above 30 ng/mL
- The color of your skin has correlations to your vitamin D level, and we’re also seeing racial disparities in COVID-19. In Detroit, Michigan, where blacks account for 14% of the population, they account for 40% of COVID-19 deaths
- It’s important for people with darker skin to realize that the more melanin you have, the more sun exposure you require to make sufficient amounts of vitamin D, and many may need to take a supplement
- According to the research done by GrassrootsHealth’s panel of 48 vitamin D researchers, 40 ng/mL is the lower edge of optimal, with 60 ng/mL to 80 ng/mL being ideal for health and disease prevention
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.