January 2010 Week 3
Ramsey Lewis is a jazz pianist and multi-instrumentalist, and composer who has released approximately 80 albums over a 50-year career. After several years of live performances and over a dozen albums which only caught the attention of jazz fans, the Ramsey Lewis Trio made a huge impression on mainstream audiences with the 1965 album The In Crowd. The title-track was a No.5 pop hit, and the album reached No.2. Moving further towards a pop version of Jazz, Wade In The Water and Hang On Sloppy the following year were also commercial successes.
His most successful album of the 70s was Sun Goddess, which was performed with the backing of members of Earth, Wind & Fire. It was his fourth album to be certified gold, and is still popular today with funk DJs and hip-hop samplers.
1. To Know Her Is To Love Her
2. Touching, Feeling, Knowing
3. Clouds In Reverie
4. The Spark
6. The Way She Smiles
8. The Glow Of Her Charm
10. Long Before She Knew
11. Sharing Her Journey
Latest posts by Richard C. Young (see all)
- Despite National Front Disarray, Le Pen’s Ideas Fight On - October 17, 2017
- Establishment GOP Loves Trump’s Iran De-Certification - October 16, 2017
- The Dow and the Leaders - October 16, 2017