Originally posted September 5, 2014.
Michael Scheuer, a twenty-plus-year veteran of the CIA, was chief of the agency’s bin Laden unit and spent his career developing strategies to keep America safe.
Now in “America First and survival or an endless losing war with Islam,” Scheuer offers two chilling options for America:
- To continue to maintain the status quo in our foreign policies in the Muslim world-meaning steadily intervening and backing tyranny there-and thereby motivating ever greater numbers of Muslims to join the war being waged by Islamist forces against the United States, its European allies and Israel. Or…
- To seek America’s survival.
Here Michael Scheuer offers a five-point survival plan:
- Close our borders and strictly enforce existing immigration laws.
- Move to energy self-sufficiency.
- Bid the Saudis and the Israelis farewell, henceforth letting them find their own destiny.
- Create a military that can, after a formal congressional declaration of war and without coalition partners, “respond with utmost brutality.”
- Withdraw from NATO.
As Michael notes, a neutral and non-interventionist policy would be historically appropriate for Americans and would strengthen our national security.
Latest posts by Richard C. Young (see all)
- Trump Produces Largest Gain in Jobs Since 70’s - January 24, 2020
- Boris Gets Brexit Done - January 24, 2020
- Can a President Be Found Guilty of “Thought Crimes”? - January 23, 2020