The American Conservative’s Rod Dreher pinpoints some talking points from Iowa:
- Hillary Clinton: “What an incredible humiliation for someone of her stature within the Democratic party”
- Donald Trump: “He was always expected to do less well in Iowa, a caucus state that rewards ground organization (of which Trump had bupkis; if you think about it, it’s still something that he came in second). But he has lost the psychological advantage over his rivals that he’s held for months.”
- Jeb Bush: “The Bush political dynasty died tonight on the Midwestern plains.”
- Ted Cruz: “Did what he had to do to stay alive, but also, by winning outright, embarrassed Trump mightily.”
- Marco Rubio: “The undisputed establishment candidate.”
The following two tabs change content below.
Richard C. Young is the editor of Young's World Money Forecast, and a contributing editor to both Richardcyoung.com and Youngresearch.com.
Latest posts by Richard C. Young (see all)
- Cato’s Chris Preble Asks, Who’s Advising Trump on Syria? - January 19, 2018
- Turkey/Syria/America: Disaster Ahead? - January 19, 2018
- Trump Administration to Strike Back Against Sanctuary Laws in California - January 19, 2018