How did your portfolio perform in December?
The Dow was down almost 15% for the month at its Christmas Eve low, and were it not for the Fed once again rushing to Wall Street’s rescue, the losses might have been much deeper.
If you were glued to CNBC while your family enjoyed Christmas Eve dinner and the losses felt gut-wrenching, you’re doing retirement investing all wrong.
How does your retirement portfolio look?
- Do you know how much you should have invested in the stock market?
- Do you actually have any idea what you are doing? Do you feel like you are in over your head and investing with a crap-shoot mentality?
- Are you subsisting on outmoded, far-too-big mutual funds or, worse yet, those ghastly oversized index funds?
- Are you a total neophyte on bond investing and pretty much devoid of understanding the miracle of interest, patience, and compounding?
If your answer is yes to any of these questions, you may require a whole new battle plan to strengthen your investment strategy.
The Dynamic Maximizers® Solution
Young Research developed a portfolio concept to help keep investors safe and dividend centric during the next stock market collapse. The Dynamic Maximizers® portfolio is a maximum safety investment strategy designed for the most conservative investors. On the stock side, the DMs portfolio focuses on high-barrier-to-entry businesses with lasting competitive advantages as well as firms with long records of paying and increasing dividends. On the bond side, we use a mix of Treasuries and investment-grade bonds whose weights vary depending on the opportunities and risks in the bond market.
The portfolio concept is simple and conservative, but as we all know too well, knowing how is simple, but actually having the discipline, intestinal fortitude, and patience to bring off a Maximizers portfolio compounding strategy is quite another matter.
Not a Single Down Year this Century
Young Research’s Dynamic Maximizers® has not experienced a single down year this century, and in December when stock and bond markets alike collapsed, the Dynamic Maximizers® was up.
Since 1978, Young Research has developed strategies like the Dynamic Maximizers for conservatives like you.
After four decades of writing my monthly subscription-based strategy reports for individual investors, I have retired. Now, I concentrate 100% on international research that supports the efforts of Matt and his senior leadership team at our family investment counseling business.
My son Matt Young, CEO of our family investment counseling firm, writes our monthly client letter to level the playing field for concerned conservative investors. My research is a fundamental component of Matt’s monthly client letters.
If you like the feel of my Dynamic Maximizers® and the scenario I have painted for you, why not stay in touch with Matt and me monthly. If you are not yet signed up, simply add your name to our inquiry register below.
My family looks forward to welcoming you and your family to a whole new world of compounding, consistency, and comfort.
Originally posted on Young’s World Money Forecast.
Latest posts by Richard C. Young (see all)
- Immigration, the Unifying Force of Europe’s Right Wing - February 15, 2019
- Minnesota Muslim Rep. Omar Off the Rails Again - February 15, 2019
- “Liberty Has Been Supplanted by Diversity,” Justice by Equality - February 15, 2019